Tradition Korean Kimchi is more than a Korean staple, it is a culture.
For good reason, this spicy, flavourful and moreish fermented vegetable comes with loads of benefits for your body.
- Contains healthy bacteria and probiotics for the overall wellness of your body.
- Lowers cholesterol levels.
- Facilitates healthy body development and clear vision.
- Produces radiant skin and shiny hair.
- Prevents stomach cancer.
- Slows down the aging process.
- Helps you lose weight.
- 1 1/2 pounds kirby cucumbers
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Korean chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ginger minced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce or fish sauce
- 3 scallions cut into 1" lengths
- 1 cup water
Trim ends of cucumbers; cut into spears. Place in a large bowl and toss with salt, chili powder, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and scallions. Put into glass jars and add water. Cover tightly and let sit on the kitchen counter for 24 hours. Refrigerate.
Serve after a few days. The longer you refrigerate them, the more flavor the pickles will have.
Recipe C/O Jeanetteshealthyliving.com